National Association for Hospital Education – SENCO & SEND Lead Network Meeting
The event is for SEND leaders and SENCO’s to network and share experience, skills and expertise including at least two short presentations on topics such as Assessment for pupils with PMLD (The Engagement Profile) and ELKLAN (support for students with speech, language and communication needs). These sessions will focus on best practice and current legislation/initiatives. The network meeting will also cover :-
- Carrying out a skills audit to find out about areas of expertise within the group
- To agree the most effective way to gather information about skills and expertise amongst the wider hospital school SEND-teaching population
- To explore the SEND priorities at different hospital schools and current national SEND issues and developments
- To discuss the possible creation of SEND sub groups (e.g. PMLD, mental health etc.) within the NAHE SEND strand.
- To identify future CPD needs.
There are 15 places available with a minimum of 8 to be booked for the event to go ahead.
Tickets will need to be purchased by 17th May 2019.
Once numbers are confirmed an email will be sent with the agenda together with additional information for delegates.
Venue: Art Workers’ Guild, 6 Queen Square, Bloomsbury, London, WC1N 3AT
Cost: £30 (includes light lunch)