The National Association of Hospital Education
Educating children with medical needs
The title of the organisation shall be ‘The National Association of Hospital Education (NAHE)
- The members of NAHE strive to raise the standards of education for children and young people who are temporarily or permanently disadvantaged by illness or other medical or mental health conditions.
- NAHE members actively promote our children and young people’s entitlement to high quality educational opportunities.
- NAHE members are committed to working collaboratively in order to secure outstanding standards of education for the children and young people we support through professional development and self improvement.
2) AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION
The objectives of the Association are as follows [not in rank order]:-
- To meet the educational needs of children too ill to attend school by providing an organisation that can support staff who provide education in Hospital Schools, in-patient units, medical pupil referral units and home tuition services.
- To represent and communicate the views and experiences of our members to external bodies e.g. Department for Education, Ofsted.
- Provide regional support by promoting regional training and study days
- Identify and share best practice
- Increase professional development opportunities for staff working in hospital education.
- Membership shall be open to all teachers and support staff employed in hospital schools, in-patient units, medical PRUs/APs or home tuition services who provide education for children and young people with medical needs which prevent them from attending school.
- Group membership shall be open to all registered hospital education
- The Executive can co-opt members onto the Committee by a simple majority vote of the Executive Committee.
- The Executive Committee of the Association may require the resignation of any individual or group member of the Association whose conduct is, in the opinion of the Executive Committee of the Association, deemed to be prejudicial or detrimental to the good name of the Association or to the attainment of its aims
- The Executive Committee and Association at large aims to have as a wide a representation as is possible across the country
- Subscriptions for individual, group and associate membership will be set at the Annual General Meeting of the Association for the following financial year.
- The amount of subscription shall be determined from time to time by the Annual General Meeting acting upon the advice of the Executive Committee.
- The subscription year shall run from Sept 1st to August 31st, annually.
5) OFFICERS OF THE NAHE
- In the first 2 years of operation, the national committee shall compromise those who have been part of the working party to set up this organisation.
- In addition there will be a Chair, secretary and treasurer elected by the committee from within the current members.
- The secretary shall keep a record of the minutes of all transactions at committee meetings.
- In the future, there will be up to 2 members from each of the regional areas.
- These officers, along with co-opted members, shall form the Executive Committee and Officers shall be elected at the Annual General Meeting.
- There will be an Annual General Meeting of the National Association.
- The National Committee will meet at least three times a year between AGMs.
- A quorum of the National Committee shall consist of one third of the members entitled to attend.
- An Emergency General Meeting of the Organisation may be called by notification, in writing, to the Secretary of the Organisation. There shall be no fewer than 10 signatories to such a request. An EGM must be held within 14 days of receipt of such a request.
- All voting shall be by a simple majority of a show of hands of those present who are entitled to vote.
- Executive decisions can be taken via email by a simple majority to a proposed and seconded motion sent to committee members by email through the Secretary.
- The financial year of the Association shall end on the 31stMarch each year and a properly audited balance sheet shall be prepared for presentation at the Annual General Meeting.
- The National Committee shall have the power to authorise payment from the Association’s fund for any expense incurred on behalf of the Association.
- All monies kept by, or on behalf of, the Association shall be regularly paid into the banking account to be kept in the name of the Association by the Association’s bankers (insert name of bank account).
9) POWER TO AFFILIATE WITH OTHER BODIES
In furtherance of the aims and objects of the Association, the National Committee shall be empowered to affiliate with other bodies, subject to ratification at the next Annual General Meeting after the decision has been taken.
10) SUB COMMITTEES
Each sub committee set up by the association shall have it’s own terms of reference